Lewis Body Therapy – Physio & Sports Massage Huddersfield
My name is Ruth Lewis and I am a clinician specialising in injury and pain management. I work from home in Golcar, West Yorkshire. My philosophy is based on the belief that the client’s needs are of the utmost importance. I are committed to meeting those needs. As a result, a high percentage of my business is from repeat customers and healthcare professional referrals.
I specialise in musculoskeletal injury and pain. I work with a wide range of clients, from sports people & sporting injuries people recovering from major surgery or physical injury or recovering from chronic illness and those undergoing cancer treatment. I also treat clients who are managing long term conditions, and those managing occupational pain and muscular stains and fatigue sustained in day to day working life.
- Advanced Diploma in Clinical Sports & Remedial Massage
- Diploma in Manual Bodywork
- Diploma Maternity and Antenatal Massage
- Diploma in Massage for Palliative Care
- Level 5 Advanced Body Work.
- Level 5 Advanced Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Level 5 Advanced Proprioceptive Nuromuscular Facilitation
- Level 5 Diploma in Deep Tissue Techniques of
- Level 2 Emergency First Aid
- Back Care & manual Handling work Based Assessor (NHS)
- Post graduate Diploma in Oncology Massag
Sports massage isn’t just beneficial for sporty people! It is an effective therapy that enables the body to move more freely, alleviating muscular stress and maintaining an overall healthy physical state. Both athletes and non-athletes can gain physiological and psychological benefits sports massage therapy. So you’re an athlete wanting to push your performance to the next level but can’t seem to get there? Yes, sports massage is likely to be the answer. As an athlete, it is recognised that you should train, eat, and sleep correctly in order to gain optimum performance. But what many overlook is the importance of looking after your muscles. Sports can place immense stress on the muscles, making tissues inelastic and tense. This is why your performance may be inhibited, however hard you train. Regular sports massages help release those stresses built up in your muscles during high impact training through deep tissue massage. Sports massages improve your performance by:
- Releasing muscle tension
- Increasing the muscle flexibility
- Breaking down scar tissue that may be there from previous injury
- Stimulating blood flow in the body to assist with healing